Please read me and then read the Terms and Conditions document attached (don't just scroll on by...)
Who we are and how we process your personal data
Anne Marie Stagg is the data controller of Anne Stagg Hypnotherapy; she complies with her obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the following ways:
- By keeping personal data up to date
This is information supplied by the client at the initial consultation and any subsequent client sessions or through the website contact form/ phone enquiry/ email etc
- By storing (and destroying it) securely
- By not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data
- By protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure
- By ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data:
Notes taken during sessions are word processed and originals shredded; hard copy consent forms and client notes printed at the conclusion of the therapy programme are stored securely; word processed information is stored in a cloud based system.
After 7 years electronic data is deleted and hard copy documents shredded.
Phones and electronic equipment are password protected; telephone contact details are deleted approx. 3 months after the therapy programme has ended.
We use your personal data for the following purposes
- To deliver the services that clients have requested
- To contact those clients as necessary in accordance with the services they have requested eg appointment reminders via text or to send out recordings etc
- To contact clients via surveys to ascertain their opinions on the service they received from us
- To maintain our own accounts and records
N.B. In the event that our recorded data is utilised for research purposes, our own supervision or for the instruction or tuition of students, all such data will be sufficiently anonymised to the extent that individual clients cannot be identified. Should a client indicate that their data should not be used for these purposes, we would refrain from using that data.
Sharing information with third parties
Individual client data will never be passed to a third party without the express consent of the respective client.The information disclosed during therapy sessions is confidential; however there are legal exceptions:
For example, if you reveal a threat of harm, or there is a threat of harm to yourself or others, or if a court order is received and a legal obligation arises.
In accordance with my need to maintain the possibility of access to client data as a result of returning clients or those who may wish to lodge a complaint in respect of our professional services to either our professional body or our insurers (i.e. in all cases perhaps after a long period of time has elapsed), client data is retained for a minimum period of 7 years.
For clients under the age of 18, data will be retained until their 25th birthday.
Our Lawful Basis for processing client personal data
The client has given clear consent to process their personal data for a specific purpose. This data has been provided by the client during consultation through the completion of a client consent form or during therapy sessions.
Further, the processing is necessary for both my client’s and my own legitimate interests.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data, free of charge, in an electronic or paper format
- The right to request that any personal data found to be inaccurate or out of date is corrected
- The right to be forgotten: you may request that your personal data is erased; this includes personal information that is no longer relevant to original purposes, or if you wish to withdraw consent. This is obligatory unless it’s information that must be retained for legal obligations
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to portability: as the client, you have the right to receive your personal information which you previously provided, and also the right to transfer that information to another party
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [N.B. This only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office. (See below).
The client has the right to complain to the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if they think there is a problem with the way we are handling their data
Anne Marie Stagg
Reviewed 2ns June 2023
Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
Phone/text: 07910 407878
Well done for getting this far! Now please read the Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions: Anne Stagg Hypnotherapy
It is our aim to ensure that we offer all our clients the best possible service. Please help us run a smooth and professional service by observing the following booking conditions.
Cancellation: Please note that at least 48 hour’s notice is required to make a cancellation without charge. If less than 48 hours but more than 24, half fee applies. Less than 24 hour’s notice will incur a full fee.
Investment for therapy and estimated number of sessions will be discussed before booking, and it is usual to pay for the full therapy programme upfront as it helps secure your commitment to the treatment.
Payment: Prices are usually quoted per treatment and not per session. No refunds will be issued if you decide to terminate once therapy has already commenced.* We do understand that life can get in the way and hold your therapy open for a maximum of 12 months from commencement.
*The Stop Smoking session is a single session when you will be specifically asked to smoke your last cigarette the night before. Other smoking related products such as nicotine gum, e-cigarettes and patches may also be dealt with in a one session programme.
Session times: Sessions are 50-60 minutes long, with the exception of our Stop Smoking programme which could be up to 90 minutes, and as per appointment times. If you are more than 15 minutes late, it is unlikely that we will be able to extend the session accordingly. Full charges apply.
Confidentiality and Record Keeping: At all times your wellbeing and privacy will be given the highest priority. Any information held on you will remain confidential; however, should you, in the course of a session, reveal information which could relate to a Child Protection issue, self- harm or criminal activity, I will have no alternative but to pass this information on to the appropriate authorities.
As every individual is unique it is not possible to offer a guarantee of success, but be assured that we will use our experience and training to help you achieve your goals.
I have read and understand the Terms and Conditions as stated above.
Client Signature (parent/carer if client is under 18)………………………………………
Therapist Signature……………………… Date……………………………